Working at RedR Australia provides you with the opportunity to make a difference.
Our workplace culture
- Values based organisation committed to our mission
- Friendly supportive team environment
- Inclusive and flexible workplace
- Continuing professional development is our way of life
- Part of a global community
Committed to our mission
- Willing to work to the best of your abilities
- Flexible, adaptable, and resilient
- Celebrate and embrace diversity
- Committed to working collaboratively
Why work with us?
- Committed to professional development and continuous learning
- Generous salary packaging benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Access to Corporate Private Health insurance discounts
- Paid leave between 25 Dec and 1 Jan each year
- Access to Paid Purchase Leave scheme
- Blood Donation leave
- Flu Vaccination
- Our office is well positioned in the city fringe of Melbourne. We are walking distance from vibrant Victoria Market
- Some of our staff members have moved on to have successful careers within the international humanitarian aid and development sector
There are currently no job vacancies available.
Thank you for your interest in an internship at RedR Australia.
Our next internship program will commence in March 2020. Please check back in December 2019 for details on the positions available.
Please note all internships go for a duration of 12 weeks. To be eligible you must be:
- At least 18 years of age
- A tertiary student or a recent graduate in a relevant discipline at a University or TAFE
- Eligible to volunteer in Australia (If you are an asylum seeker awaiting a decision on your application, you may still be able to volunteer, please visit www.volunteeringvictoria.org.au for more information)
How to apply
- Read details of the internship and check with your educational institution to see if an internship with RedR Australia will fulfill your learning requirements.
- Submit your completed internship application form and CV by email to [email protected] or post to: RedR Australia, 55-61 Barry St, Carlton, Victoria, 3053.
- As part of the screening process, the candidate may be requested to provide referees. RedR Australia will notify you whether or not you have been accepted for an internship placement. If you are accepted, we will advise you of details of the activities/project work to be undertaken.
- If both you and RedR Australia are satisfied with the internship placement arrangements, you will be asked to complete a police check.
“Being an intern at RedR Australia was so much more than I expected. I am currently in my final year of an Arts degree majoring in International Studies and Philosophy and while that is incredibly interesting it gives no clear direction as to how to work in the humanitarian sector. The internship formed that bridge for me. Over the three months I was given the opportunity to work on projects with real depth and the ability to have an actual effect on the organisation by undertaking a variety of research projects, sitting in on planning days and helping with the implementation of training courses. I feel very lucky to have been given this experience and would highly recommend RedR for other students looking for an internship.” - Jessy Pugh (Training intern)
“My experience interning at RedR has been incredibly valuable, both personally and professionally. It’s given me the chance to put the theory I’ve learnt at university to practical use in a meaningful way. I feel like my time here has really helped me to develop my skills and knowledge, and gain invaluable experience in the humanitarian sector. Interning at RedR hasn’t been the kind of internship I was expecting. Instead of being sent to fetch coffee, I’ve been assigned tasks that are worthwhile for myself and the organisation. I’ve been given a lot freedom to choose what I want to work on and the RedR staff have been very helpful and willing to help me with anything I have been unsure about. I have been made to feel like I am a real part of the RedR community and I’m sad to be leaving!” - Clancy Holzgrefe (Communications intern)